Interesting Pages You should look at

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

DIY Bathroom lights


 My house is getting older.  It's still in good shape, but there are a few places that could use some help.  I was at home depot not too long back and saw these really cool $40 kits to remake bathroom light - just like the ones I have.  I cant find them again.  In a state of  'boredom' I decided I was going to experiment.  With nothing more than a can of black spray paint this is what I did.

 
Already had this on hand - never know when you will need black spray paint 







The lights before.  The bathroom isn't huge so having all 4 lights shining is overwhelming - I have all 4 bulbs installed - just 1 shining at a time.  It's hard to see, but there is some rust starting to form on the silver plate behind the bulbs.  Doesn't look bad from a distance - but I am picky....





After taking the bulbs out I found out that the round piece that holds the bulbs pulls right off!  How simple!



This is what I was left with when the bulbs, light bulb holder in place thingy and silver plate were removed.





A little spray paint - OUTSIDE - and after an hour it was ready to be installed.






Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes to do this for 3 bathrooms.  I would like to try a different color next time.  Not bad for a quick afternoon 'pick me up'

1 comment: