Interesting Pages You should look at

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bacon pancakes

I found this recipe on Pinterest and just had to try it.  Without reading the actual 'recipe' I just went for it.  How hard could it be - really?



I used my griddle, just because I wasn't sure how it would work, and I wanted to make sure I had plenty of room.

Start by frying your bacon.

While your bacon is cooking, make your pancake batter.  
When you have a few pieces of bacon ready (or all of it), use a spoon, measuring cup or squeeze bottle and make a long bacon sized pancake.  Stick a piece of bacon on top and cover it with more batter.





Flip the pancakes over like you normally would.  I cut each slice of bacon in half so it was short.  This made it easier to flip the pancake.



Hubby was a bit skeptical at first, but he ate the most!

I didn't get any photos of the final product because, unlike regular pancakes, there were no leftovers!

Bacon pancakes were as easy to make as regular pancakes with a side of bacon.  This was just easier for our 'grab and run' morning this morning.



UPDATE:  After making these 3-4 times Codie had the idea of using crumbled bacon - so you have bacon in every bite.  PERFECT!  You also have more control over the side of the pancakes (sometimes I like little ones - not just big ones).  Since then, I cook the bacon, crumble it, then add it to the batter.  Total hit with ALL teens!

No comments:

Post a Comment