Interesting Pages You should look at

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Potato Skins

I love potato skins.  Who doesn't?  The best ones I've ever had were at Toby Keith's I love this Bar and Grill in OKC.  This location is in Bricktown, but cannot be found on the website - strange.  There is one opening in Houston, though!  Yea!

However, I don't want to go to a bar every time I want potato skins.  Plus, I want to know what is in them.  So I experimented and found that they are so simple.

This is not some recipe breakthrough.  I'm sure there are a million recipes online for potato skins.  I like to experiment on my own sometimes.


First - Bake your potatoes.  I wanted a dozen, so I baked 6.  Bake at 350 until soft (insert a knife, if it feels soft, they are done).







Cool and cut potatoes in half.  Carefully scoop out some of the potato. Don't go too deep, you could ruin the skins.  If you don't go deep enough you get too much potato and not enough filling.








Save the potato that you scoop out.





Mix the scooped out potato with shredded cheese, and sour cream.  How much?  How many calories do you want to add?  How yummy do you want them?!  I added enough to make the potato creamy :)





Refill the skins about halfway with your mushed potato concoction.  





Now the fun begins - add you toppings!





Bake again at 350 until your cheese is melty (maybe 5 minutes)



Potato Skins
Makes 12
Ingredients:
                6 baked potatoes
                8 Oz sour cream
                2 cups shredded Colby jack (or other shredded cheese)

                Toppings of your choice – cooked bacon, chives, olives, crumbled sausage, rotel

After baking potatoes, allow to cool.  Slice potatoes in half (hot dog).  Scoop out some – not all potato.  Save the removed portions of potato, put in a medium bowl.  Add sour cream 2 Oz at a time until desired creaminess.  Add 1 cup shredded cheese.  Spoon potato mixture into skins.  Using desired topings, top the potato mixture.  Bake at 350 for 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly. 
Enjoy!

Calorie count:  don’t worry about it, just enjoy the flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment