Interesting Pages You should look at

Monday, September 29, 2014

Corn Dog Muffins

I'm not completely sure where I saw this idea (email? Txt from mom?  This was not a pinterest post - yet :)

I was not a fan of the original idea.  I love corn dogs.  Just ask my hips.  I eat them a lot.  They are quick and easy (I usually buy frozen), and very filling.  So, when I went to make these for a youth event I chopped up the hot dog instead of inserting a large piece into the middle (it's not just two year olds who choke on hot dogs!)


To begin with, dice your hot dog.



I diced an entire package.  Mix your corn muffin mix according to the directions.  I used a box of Jiffy since they were on sale for .30 each



We started off by putting the corn muffin mix into the muffin cup and adding the hotdog on top.




The mixing was getting too messy.




Then we tried putting the hotdog on bottom.





Then I had a non-blonde moment.  Just mix the hotdogs into the muffin mix!




Bake according to the package directions and enjoy.  I never got a photo - other than these two.  My kids inhaled the first batch!





Corn Dog Muffins

Ingredients: 

Jiffy Corn muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 package hot dogs - diced



Directions:

Preheat oven to 400.  Grease muffin pan or use paper baking cups.  Blen muffin mix, egg and milk.  Batter will be slightly lumpy.  (For maximum crown on muffin, let batter rest for 3-4 minutes, restir before filling cups.)  Fold in diced hot dogs.  Fill muffin cups 1/2 full.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment