Interesting Pages You should look at

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Apple cider

There is nothing that tasts better to this mama on a crisp fall morning, than a tall glass of steamy starbucks cider.  Maybe a cocoa.   We dont get too many mornings that are cool, or even cold.  I usually dont have the time to stop by starbucks and spend $3 x 4 cups of anything. As a mom,  you know you don't ever stop for just one of anything. It is always one for you and one for each kid as well. It doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that this gets expensive quick. 

How do I indulge and stay in budget?   DIY of course.   Did you know that you can buy the syrup that starbucks uses for any of their drinks?  I have had trouble only one time, and that was because I asked a newbie and they were low that day. 
  
Well, I did finally get my syrup. I thoroughly enjoy being able to do this.  This large bottle will last about a year in our house. 



Ingredients needed:
                               Starbucks syrup
                               Apple juice
                               whipped topping - I prefer the spray stuff, but I had cool whip
                               cinnamon/sugar




First - heat your apple juice




When you apple juice is as hot as you want it, add your syrup.  For a regular coffee cup, we use 1-2 pumps.



Starbucks only uses cinnamon/sugar, however I like a little extra spice.  After stirring in your syrup, sprinkle a little cinnamon/sugar on top.



Next, add you whip cream.  I will warn you that cool whip will taste a little funny at the bottom of the glass, so you should use fresh, or spray cream instead.  





That's it.  After watching so many times, and paying nearly $20 for all of us to get a cider, I have found that it is much cheaper - and just as easy to do this.  I will often leave the whip off and heat this in the microwave while rushing out the door to church :)






Starbucks Apple Cider
(microwave directions)

Ingredients: 

Starbucks syrup
Apple juice
cinnamon sugar
Reddi-whip


Directions:

Fill your 8oz coffee cup with approx. 6oz apple juice.  Heat for about 3 minutes, or until desired temperature.  When juice is at an adequate temperature, add one to two pumps of syrup.  Stir well.  Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.  Top with reddi-whip.  Enjoy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment